Acidic and alkaline foods are necessary to keep the body acid balanced and above all healthy, however, there are certain foods or beverages that are consumed regularly and that imbalance the levels of acids needed by the body.
This leads to unhealthy results such as inflammation, accumulation of toxins and immune system and vulnerable organs. Therefore the importance of consuming acid and alkaline foods, as they help to purify the organism, eliminating toxic acid or excess to provide balance and regularity for its proper functioning.
9 ACID AND ALKALINE FOODS
These 9 acidic and alkaline foods named below should be consumed and added to your daily diet if you are looking for the well-being of your body in general.
1. Almonds: almonds and nuts are very easy to find anywhere and the best of them is that they are loaded with nutrients and essential fatty acids. It is an alkaline food that will not only be good for your body but for your hair, skin, and health of your brain, increase muscle mass, lower cholesterol levels and help lose weight.
2. Cucumbers: they are natural diuretics, which means that they help to hydrate the body, since they dissolve the excess water, balancing the acidity through cleaning and washing away the harmful toxins and acids stored in the body. Likewise, cucumber juice is effective in treating excess uric acid.
3. Cabbage: cabbage provides necessary nutrients to the body, such as magnesium and forage, which help maintain the digestive system, immunity, and alkalinity to balance the cellular level. It is also useful to prevent certain types of cancer due to its high fiber content, which serves to maintain low-calorie levels.
4. Plum tomatoes: plum tomatoes have vitamin A, C, and E and are great for treating skin disorders, keeping calories at bay and at the same time clean the urinary tract of infections, bladder problems and even cancers related to the bladder. All this is possible since they are high in water.
5. Grapefruit or grapefruit: for being rich in citrus fruits and natural properties that stimulate the metabolism, which helps to keep the weight under control and extract the unnecessary fat that is attached to the body. It is an alkaline fruit low in sugar, and despite its acid and acid tasting, it increases the alkaline levels that give immunity to vitamin C.
6. Files: the files are among citrus fruits and alkaline, high in vitamin C, effective to clean the urinary tract of toxins, excess acids, bacteria and the like. When the body accumulates uric acid, pain, inflammation is experienced and even the general health is compromised since this acid is able to gradually infect the rest of the internal organs.
7. Lemons: they are excellent for cleaning the digestive system from the inside out, they give a healthy balance to the acid again. They are used by superstars as one of the most powerful natural remedies for this purpose, and even to lose weight. Lemons contain citric acid, but it is an alkaline ally beneficial to health, precisely because of its acid nature, which lowers the body’s sugar levels.
8. Basil: the title of “king of herbs” was attributed to him for being full of nutrients that the organism normally needs. It is an Italian herb rich in vitamin K, omega-3 fatty acids, iron, calcium, vitamin C and more. All these properties are fantastic to detoxify the body by decreasing acid levels and even to fight the compounds that cause kidney stones.
9. Cantaloupes: they are from the same melon family, therefore, they have a lot of water, beta-carotene, phytochemicals and vitamin B, which help the body to fight and completely remove excess toxins and acids. In addition, it helps the immune system make white blood cells, in order to maintain toxic substances and balance the body’s alkaline levels.